A guy in Bristol, England ran into a tree while using Twitter via his Blackberry and jogging at the same time. He's 23 years old which definitely makes him a Digital Native, however, it seems he hasn't quite mastered that
Do you think he was Tweeting, "Hey I'm jogging right now!"? Probably. John Palfrey mentioned in his presentation at Google D.C. Talks that something defining about digital natives is that they really have no problem sharing information frequently about themselves on the Internet - on blogs, on social networking sites, podcasts, message boards, Twitter, etc. Personally, I never really feel the need to let the infinite abyss that is the World Wide Web know when I'm doing something really mundane (or am I doing that now?). Something about this generation, they really love telling everyone when they're doing anything.
When I was a teenager, people didn't really have cell phones (except for Zack Morris) and it's kind of a relief to know that my mom couldn't find out where I was 24/7. However, today's teens are available to chat, talk, text and tweet no matter where they are. Just keep your eyes on the road when you're in motion, mmkay?

No comments:
Post a Comment