My most recent assignment for class required us to record a podcast on a topic of our choosing. I've recorded my voice for various projects before and while I'm not one of those "I hate my voice!" people, I feel like I can never record myself without sounding like I'm reading. There goes my voiceover acting career. It was something I struggled with during a booktalk assignment last semester. I guess the only way to get past this is by practice and maybe even a live audience.
I attempted to edit mine (narration and music together) on Apple's GarageBand software but couldn't really figure it out which was embarrassing. So I wound up producing the whole thing with Audacity which is an alright audio editing program. It's free, but I feel like it doesn't do as much as I'd like. GarageBand probably could if I were patient enough to figure it out.
Download mind here and find out how to make your own household cleaning products!
All in all, a podcast is a great way to relay information in a convenient, portable medium. People can listen to them at their leisure and don't need to be in front of a computer screen or a book to absorb the information. Personally, I subscribe to really guilty-pleasure type podcasts like this one girl from the E! channel who dishes celebrity gossip each week. It makes time fly when I'm on the treadmill! But I know people who subscribe to the more tutorial oriented podcasts. In fact, my brother-in-law achieved a modest amount of fame for his Linux For Beginners podcast that taught users about the operating system and he got quite the following!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment